Breaking the vicious cycle of poverty and self-abandonment through Christ.
Why We Exist
Vida Nueva Ministries was founded and continues in operation today “to break the vicious cycle of poverty and self-abandonment” in Mexico. At Vida Nueva Ministries, we strive to achieve this mission through a varied and comprehensive approach that includes church planting, evangelism, Christian Education, skills training, mentoring, benevolence, conferences/camping/retreats, medical evangelism, and discipleship. VNM also enjoys a close bond, ministry connection, and spiritual accountability with the next door El Ejido Christian Church in Piedras-Negras, Mexico.
What We Believe:
What We Believe About the Bible
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, written without error and preserved for our instruction.
(I Corinthians 2:7-14; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21).
What We Believe About God
- God exists eternally in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 28:19; John 14:16-26).
- God is the absolute and sole creator of this world and the universe.
(Genesis 1:1-2:25; John 1:1-4).
- God, because of His compelling love, sent Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners by His atoning death on Calvary.
(Isaiah 53:1-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 1:3-6).
What We Believe About Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man.
- He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- He revealed the mind of God in his teaching and performed miracles exactly as described in the four gospels.
- He was crucified, died as the penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead, bodily, on the third day.
- He ascended to the Father, He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- He is coming again personally, bodily and visibly to this earth.
(Philippians 2:5-11; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; I Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; I Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6).
What We Believe About Salvation
- People’s relationship with God has been broken by their own sin.
- We can be restored to a relationship with God only through the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ.
- Apart from Christ, people remain eternally separated from God, and are ultimately consigned to hell.
- This restored relationship is based on God’s grace, not our efforts.
- God invites us to accept His gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- A repentant life, a confession of Christ’s Lordship, and baptism by immersion are primary responses of our faith as modeled in the New Testament.
(John 3:1-21; Acts 2:37-39; Acts 8:26-39; Acts 10:1-48; Acts 16:11-34; Acts 22:2-16; Romans 3:21-31; Romans 5:6-11; Romans 6:1-23; I Corinthians 6:9-11; I Corinthians 15:1-58; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:11-14; Hebrews 10:10-13; 1 Peter 2:21-24; I Peter 3:18; I John 1:8-10).
What We Believe About Life in Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit lives by promise in the life of the Christian as God’s pledge and seal of salvation. (John 16:8-11; Acts 13-15; Acts 2:38, 5:3-4; Romans 8 & 9).
- The Christian is enabled to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God by the indwelling Spirit. (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:9-12; Colossians 3:12-17).
- At death, the Christian’s spirit departs to be with Jesus Christ. At the return of our Lord our bodies will be raised to the likeness of His resurrected body and will live forever in His divine presence in heaven. (Luke 16:19-31; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:1-58).